Have you been feeling overwhelmed and stressed over the last few weeks or months?
Stress is a natural part of our lives. Many people use stress as a way of motivation to get things done, but for others it is a serious problem that affects their wellbeing. Short periods of stress is normal. When the stress last for an extended period of time, it can become unhealthy.
What does stress feel like?
Everyone experiences stress in different ways. Maybe you’re feeling anxious or you feel you don’t have enough time for yourself. It affects your life, health, and wellbeing. If you are not sure what stress feels like, look at these symptoms:
- feelings of constant worry or anxiety
- feelings of being overwhelmed
- difficulty concentrating
- changes in your mood
- difficulty relaxing
- low self-esteem
- eating more or less than usual
- changes in your sleeping habits
- alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drug use to relax
- muscle tension
- feelings of nausea or dizziness
- loss of sex drive.
- loss of hair
If you are experimenting with at least one of these symptoms for a prolonged period you are suffering stress.
What is the best you can do to feel relaxed and keep stress away?
When the mind and body are in a relaxed state, the individual has the ability to think clearly and make decisions on how to overcome any challenges they are facing. If someone is ill, it is difficult for healing to occur because the body is in a long-term stressful state. Wellness begins with relaxation.
There are many things you can do to manage stress. The most important step is maintain healthy stress in your life and limit long-term stress.
Here I’m gonna tell you my favorite 5 practices to take away stress, but remember if your emotional state quickly gets worse, you must ask for professional help.
Exercise is one of the best things you can do for managing stress, it helps you to release endorphins that make you feel good and to get better sleep. If you get a good night's rest your body can recover easily and you will keep stress away.
So start today! I know when you feel stressed maybe the last thing you gonna do is to move your body, but believe me, you’re going to feel better! You don’t have to be a professional athlete or spend hours at the gym, of course, if you can do it, go for it. You can start gradually with a walk in the park for 30 min, play music and dance, use the stairs at home or office, take your bicycle to buy something at the store, or whatever you want, just move your body for at least 30 min per day!
Take time to relax
Have you heard the phrase: As you work more you’re more successful?
This is false! You don’t have to work all day long, you must have time for yourself and relax.
When you’re stressed your muscles get tense, when you are relaxed your muscles go back to their natural form. You can help your muscles and give your body a break by:
- Stretching: Every hour when you’re working or feeling stressed take 3-5 min to stretch your body.
- Enjoy a massage: ask your partner for a massage or massage yourself with Muscle Relief Essential Body + Massage Oil. This blend focuses on releasing the tension, increasing circulation, and is anti-anxiety, which helps a lot to take the stress away, smells incredible as well.
- Take a hot bath. Who doesn’t like a bath with an exceptional smell? The best part is that it's going to help you with stress. I widely recommend you to try Soothe + Relax Bath Soak, a bath salt I love because it makes me feel even more relaxed.
- Getting a good night sleep: I know sometimes when you are feeling stressed it is almost impossible to get sleepy, if this is your case try Deep Sleep Essential Oil Blend. The sweet aroma of this oil is going to help you sleep. Just apply 2-3 drops over your temples, wrists, and nappe of the neck before you go to bed.
You can meditate or just do deep breathing to get in a meditative state. This simple practice can help you to take the pressure away. Just sit in a comfortable position, close your eyes, imagine yourself in a relaxed place like a beach, forest, or where you feel relaxed, slowly take a deep breath in and out. Do this practice for 5-10 min each day.
You can help your body to relax with aromatherapy. Try Lemongrass + Zest Essential Oil Blend, the perfect oil to reduces stress, just put 3-5 drops in a diffuser or inhale from the bottle.
4.Talk to others
There is nothing more calming than connecting with another person who understands you and makes sure you feel better. Interaction is a natural stress reliever. Share with others how you are feeling or what your problems are. This practice is going to help you to clear your mind, stop doing a storm in a teacup, and take your problems away.
Eating healthy always helps your body to feel a sense of well-being. When you eat healthy, you give your body one less reason to feel stressed. When you eat healthy your body is getting the right nutrients, you are more focused on tasks that need your attention, and you have more energy. It takes time to have a well-balanced diet, but in time, you’re gonna feel better in general. Make sure you eat healthy regularly with vegetables, fruit, whole grains, and good protein, and don’t skip any meals.
In the end, I want you to feel relaxed and happy with yourself. I want you to feel like you can take on life’s challenges and overcome them without feeling overwhelmed. That no matter what, you can take a step back and evaluate a situation, and make changes for your happiness. To feel good after using the products or have more awareness after reading my blogs. To just feel that life has beauty in chaos.
Thanks for reading.